Disclaimer: This is a bit out of order, but it’s worth it to keep all of the amazing dancing photos in one place, I promise.
After dinner, and a bit of dancing, the DJ announced it was time to cut the cake. We decided to go with cupcakes, because when our friends and family think of me, they think of cupcakes. Case in point: for St. Patrick’s day, I made Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. Guinness chocolate cake with Jameson chocolate ganache and Bailey’s irish cream frosting. They were delicious, and gone in 5 minutes.
We still wanted to have the traditional cake cutting, however, so our baker made us a small, six inch cake. We opted for the “rough buttercream” frosting, although I still call it floofy. The baker knew exactly what I meant.
We knew pretty quickly what song we wanted to be playing while we were cutting the cake. Love You Madly by, well, Cake!
I want to dive into that pile of cupcakes. Mouth first.
Cam was in charge of “our” cake. I thought his choice was a bit.. unconventional.. but it ended up being pretty tasty. He chose coconut cake with lemon curd filling and vanilla buttercream. It was like eating a tropical island.
The cake topper had to be small enough for a six inch cake, and I thought this little bunting was the perfect fit. I got it from Etsy, from the shop atcompanyB. I still need to find somewhere to put it in our house.
Remember those little guys? We made sure to have them on standby for the cake feeding extravaganza.
Nothing fancy here, folks. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate curls, coconut cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and toasted coconut, almond cake with chocolate frosting and toasted almond, and lemon cake with vanilla buttercream and candied lemon peel. Simple, effective, delicious.
Not taken into account on the cupcake tower: my height. It’s tough trying to use a sharp object when you can’t see where it’s going. As a result, the photos are not exactly cute.
And because no cake cutting is complete without champagne, my parents bought us a bottle of Moet & Chandon Rose bubbly.
“.. I want to love you, love you.. love you madly.” – Cake
Previously on Picture Perfect:
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit-complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos.
- Cam has some manly time.
- We have a first un-look.
- Despite both being forgetful, we exchange gifts.
- I have a super sweet moment with my mom, while Cam shows off his socks.
- The procession begins.
- The most important walk of my life
- We FINALLY GET MARRIED.
- We take lots of photos.
- My outdoor lounge is a success
- Cocktail Hour!
- We get the party started
- Our first dance is a crowd pleaser
- Let’s eat
- We take kissy pictures by the water