We interrupt your semi-regularly scheduled Camera recaps (I know they’re taking forevvvverrrrrr.. Sandlot style, but I’m almost done) to bring you some other fun things that happened! As you might remember, we were fortunate enough to find a Groupon for a photobooth company, Carolina Fun Booth. It ended up being a really fun addition to the wedding! Even though they’re heading out of wedding style currently, a lot of our guests had never been to a wedding or party with a photobooth and really enjoyed it. My only issue was that it was put on the back deck of the house, not out of sight, but out of the way of the general party traffic, so some people didn’t even know it was there! Luckily, word spread, and everyone got a turn in the booth. Here are the highlights.
My cousin, in the top left photo, is a professional photo-boother.
Remember the Most Interesting Man in the World? Well here’s where he was hanging out all night. My dad had his sights set on a life size cardboard cut out of the Dos Equis spokesman forever, and one day finally got him. He ended up cutting him in half for “easier transport” but he screws him back onto his legs (weirdest sentence ever) at home for special occasions. They dress him up for Christmas, Easter, you name it. Dads are weird. But everyone loved him.
Who needs Ellen’s Oscar selfie when you have the bottom left photo?
Christian, the Carolina Fun Booth attendant, came and found Cam and I late in the evening, telling us he was getting ready to pack up and head out, and did we want to get some pictures? Of COURSE we did. We had been too busy dancing and mingling that we totally forgot. Luckily, we snapped these. Complete with the almost offensive ring finger shot.
Did you notice everyone’s drinking glasses in these pictures? Remember when we said part of our wedding favor was going to be personalized mason jars? They were a HUGE hit. I still get texts from people saying “look what I’m drinking out of!”
All the photos above are guest photos from Instagram. And speaking of Instagram.. the hashtag was a semi-success. Some people used it a lot, but a lot of people didn’t use it at all. I guess our friends just aren’t the Insta-types! But we still got some gems:
I’ll never get tired of looking at those sunset photos.
Previously on Picture Perfect:
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit-complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos.
- Cam has some manly time.
- We have a first un-look.
- Despite both being forgetful, we exchange gifts.
- I have a super sweet moment with my mom, while Cam shows off his socks.
- The procession begins.
- The most important walk of my life
- We FINALLY GET MARRIED.
- We take lots of photos.
- My outdoor lounge is a success
- Cocktail Hour!
- We get the party started
- Our first dance is a crowd pleaser
- We dance with our parents and try to get red wine out of a white wedding dress
- Let’s eat
- We take kissy pictures by the water
- We love cake, madly
- Seven people take the microphone for speeches
- The dance party really gets going
- Bouquets and garters and footballs get thrown
- Cam’s fraternity brothers make a few scenes
- Everyone rocks like a wagon wheel at the end of the night