All the music that was played at our ceremony and reception was carefully planned by Cam and I. From the beginning, we felt like it was kind of our soundtrack. We spent hours and hours crafting a list of “Must Play” songs, including some with specific times. We wanted “Dixieland Delight” played late in the party so people would drunk dance, we wanted Miley Cyrus played about halfway through so all the girls would still be there to sing it with me, and we wanted our very last song to be something memorable. That one was a no-brainer.
“Wagon Wheel” by Old Crow Medicine Show.
Yet another tried and true tradition, we play this song everywhere. I know, I know. So does everyone else. But it still is a pretty great song for our friends, and we could think of no better way to end the reception.
Similar to Apache, everyone instinctively formed a circle.
My photogenic-ness never ceases to amaze me.
As the song began, everyone started taking their turns dancing in the middle of the circle. Well, really, I creepily tried to entice BM Hamster to dance, and it became our show for a few minutes.
Oh and she kissed my forehead in what may be one of my favorite photos of all time.
Wagon Wheel is kinda mine and BM YW’s jam. We take every opportunity to dance in a circle when it comes on.
But what’s Wagon Wheel without a little newlywed dancing?
… and a dip!
Previously on Picture Perfect:
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit-complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos.
- Cam has some manly time.
- We have a first un-look.
- Despite both being forgetful, we exchange gifts.
- I have a super sweet moment with my mom, while Cam shows off his socks.
- The procession begins.
- The most important walk of my life
- We FINALLY GET MARRIED.
- We take lots of photos.
- My outdoor lounge is a success
- Cocktail Hour!
- We get the party started
- Our first dance is a crowd pleaser
- We dance with our parents and try to get red wine out of a white wedding dress
- Let’s eat
- We take kissy pictures by the water
- We love cake, madly
- Seven people take the microphone for speeches
- The dance party really gets going
- Bouquets and garters and footballs get thrown
- Cam’s Fraternity brothers make a few scenes