At some point during the dancing, our DJ announced it was time for the bouquet and garter tossings. We, as a lot of people do these days, went back and forth on whether or not we wanted to do this. Most of our friends are married, and we didn’t want to force a few single people out on the dance floor in front of everyone else. Unless they wanted to, of course.
I was completely fine with skipping these traditions, but once again, was completely surprised by Cam. He had seen something online, which led to me having to listen to how much he “reaaaaally really wanted to do it.. come on.. pleeeeeease?” I begrudgingly went over our guest list, and realized that there were in fact more single people than we had originally bargained for, about 8 ladies and 10 or so guys. So we opted to do them.
First up was the bouquet toss. Our florist included a free toss bouquet that was similar to the bridesmaids’ bouquets, so I grabbed it and headed to the dance floor.
Instead of the more popular bouquet tossing songs (“Single Ladies” or “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”) I have had it in my head forever that I wanted to toss my bouquet to a different song – “Hey Ya” by Outkast. It just seemed right. So first, I danced around, like you do when Outkast comes on.
The ladies assumed the position.
I wound up..
Let ‘er rip, and turned around to see what happened.
BM FUN. snagged the flowers. She’s a pro at catching bouquets. This was her 9th bouquet she caught. She caught a 10th a few weeks later.. the week before her wedding.
Then it was Cam’s turn. He spent hours agonizing over the right song to play for, you know, feeling me up in front of our friends and family. In the end, he chose “Legs” by ZZ Top. Yes. ZZ Top.
He danced his way over to me
Cam’s big exciting idea that he saw online? Putting it around a football. I know, it’s been done. But he was so excited about it, we’re such big football people, and so are all of our friends, we just had to do it.
And what better music to throw a football to, than a college fight song? Appalachian State’s “Hi Hi Yikas” started playing, and the guys went wild. Except Friend LJ on the left, who didn’t go to App and is clearly confused about what’s going on.
But all’s well that end’s well. We’re all friends here, and Friend T is getting married to Friend A this September.
Previously on Picture Perfect:
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit-complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos.
- Cam has some manly time.
- We have a first un-look.
- Despite both being forgetful, we exchange gifts.
- I have a super sweet moment with my mom, while Cam shows off his socks.
- The procession begins.
- The most important walk of my life
- We FINALLY GET MARRIED.
- We take lots of photos.
- My outdoor lounge is a success
- Cocktail Hour!
- We get the party started
- Our first dance is a crowd pleaser
- We dance with our parents and try to get red wine out of a white wedding dress
- Let’s eat
- We take kissy pictures by the water
- We love cake, madly
- Seven people take the microphone for speeches
- The dance party really gets going