With dinner done, cupcakes eaten and speeches spoke, it was time to really get the party started. Truth be told, once everyone was done eating dinner, the dance floor was immediately packed. One of the only really important things to me during the wedding planning process was that I wanted our guests to have fun – and dance like fools. Check and check.
And wobbled some more.
There was some pointing and a lot of sweating.
... and some baby holding.
But we never stopped believing.
“Woahhhh we’re halfway there..
…woahhhh living on a prayer!”
As mentioned frequently before, Cam was in a fraternity in college. He truly has remained incredibly close with his brothers, and in the past few years we’ve attended more fraternity weddings than I can count. In my next post I’ll describe all the fraternity stuff that went down, but I had to show these pictures off. At some point, we decided to start playing “Now That We Found Love” by Heavy D & the Boyz. I’m not sure when or why, but I’m glad it stuck.
That song has been played at weddings in movies since, well, it came out, and the dance is always the same.
We formed two lines, and couples danced their way between.
More on the Most Interesting Man in the World Later.. He’s one of my dad’s prized possessions and made an excellent last minute addition to the guest list.
Even MIL Camera and Flower Girl M Got in on the fun.
Best. Dance Party. Ever.
Previously on Picture Perfect:
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit-complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos.
- Cam has some manly time.
- We have a first un-look.
- Despite both being forgetful, we exchange gifts.
- I have a super sweet moment with my mom, while Cam shows off his socks.
- The procession begins.
- The most important walk of my life
- We FINALLY GET MARRIED.
- We take lots of photos.
- My outdoor lounge is a success
- Cocktail Hour!
- We get the party started
- Our first dance is a crowd pleaser
- We dance with our parents and try to get red wine out of a white wedding dress
- Let’s eat
- We take kissy pictures by the water
- We love cake, madly
- Seven people take the microphone for speeches