The wedding party was in place. The music stopped. Everyone was standing. I was about to take my first steps towards my new husband and new life.
I heard the song I had so lovingly chosen begin to play, and I stepped out of the doorway.
I chose Vitamin String Quartet’s tribute to Elvis’ classic “Can’t Help Falling in Love.” I just think it lends itself to a bridal processional so beautifully – don’t you agree?
*All photos via Robert Ross Photography, unless otherwise noted
As I previously mentioned, I chose to walk down 2 flights of stairs. It was kind of a large, off to the side porch kind of situation. I can’t find a photo of the stairs themselves, and I guess Robert opted not to take to many of me holding on for dear life, but this photo was taken when we first visited the venue and gives you an idea of what my view was. I mean had I looked up from staring at my feet to make sure I didn’t trip.
Papa Camera met me at the bottom of the steps, and the first thing he said was “Good thing you didn’t fall.” YEAH, DAD. GOOD THING.
And off we went! It was a long walk, through the sprawling backyard, and I couldn’t even see Cam for most of it. So I tried my best to remember to smile, while my dad kept a straight face and told me inappropriate jokes, in true Papa Camera fashion.
I tried to remember to look at the guests, but I was so excited to see Cam that I just kept looking straight ahead. Finally, he was in my sights.
He didn’t cry. I spent a lot of time during our engagement asking him if he thought he would cry, and he said he wouldn’t. I told him I’d be mad if he didn’t. Turns out, I wasn’t mad, just so happy to be getting married finally.
I don’t have any close ups of Seth’s face once I got closer, which is sad, but he was smiling, I promise! Papa Camera gave him my hand, and we were about to be married.
Previously on Picture Perfect
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit-complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos.
- Cam has some manly time.
- We have a first un-look.
- Despite both being forgetful, we exchange gifts.
- I have a super sweet moment with my mom, while Cam shows off his socks.
- The procession begins