Happy New Year, Weddingbees!
So where were we? Ah, yes. About to start the ceremony! As a reminder, our wedding took place at an actual house. The entire wedding party processed out the back of the bottom floor of the house, but I chose to make my entrance down the 2 flights of outdoor steps from the kitchen on the 2nd story of the house. The plan was for me to walk down the steps by myself, and Papa Camera to be waiting on the ground. (Apparently it’s difficult to walk down steep steps with another person.)
Talk about pressure. So, the bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, flower girl, ring bearer and Cam were hanging out downstairs laughing and having a great time, and I was upstairs in the kitchen – going crazy. After a few minutes MOH JJ arrived to keep me calm, and I cherished her company. It kept me sane.
It did turn out to be an excellent view of the entire ceremony, though!
Remember that pergola/arch Cam had GM Art make for us? Well, it was decorated with flowers and linens and it was simply gorgeous:
I love him so much. Anyway, see how the ceremony went!
All the music at our ceremony was Vitamin String Quartet, and if you are so inclined, feel free to listen along:
1. Vitamin String Quartet cover of “311 – Amber”
First up were the parents –
Both of our brothers returned to the house to process, but first it was Cam’s turn with our minister –
2. Vitamin String Quartet cover of “Ben Folds – The Luckiest”
*I can’t find a YouTube video of this, but listen to it on Amazon. It’s gorg.
One by one, my best gals made their debut –
And last but certainly not least, Flower Girl M and Ringbearer S. If you recall, I had some trouble deciding if we should have them in the weddng or not as they are 3 and 2 respectively. Ultimately, the answer was “of course!” They’re our niece and nephew and we have to include them. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they did during the rehearsal – they both smiled and walked right up to the altar. Logical thinking, of course, gave me a false sense of security that it would be just as smooth on the day of – right? FALSE. SO FALSE.
Let’s see what happened.
M was all about the mission at hand. S was terrified that his mom, BM Boys, was so far away. I could hear him screaming “MOMMY!” from all the way up on the second floor of the house. He dropped the pillow that FMIL Camera made, and picked it up by a string.
And then he dragged the string all the way down the aisle, while screaming and crying. Ah, kids.
Do I wish S hadn’t cried? Of course, but does it bother me? Not at all. It’s a hilarious story and let’s be honest – you can’t be mad at a 2 year old in seersucker and a bowtie. I can’t wait to tell S all about this at his wedding. Now, when we show him pictures and ask “Why were you crying?” He answers “Because I wanted my mom!”
Next, it’s my turn – do I fall down the stairs? Spoiler alert: No. But I was worried I might.
Previously on Picture Perfect
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit-complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos
- Cam has some manly time
- We have a first un-look
- Despite both being forgetful, we exchange gift
- I have a super sweet moment with my mom, while Cam shows off his socks