It’s the age old question: to first look or not to first look? I was pro, Cam was anti. There was no compromise.. or so I thought?
Somewhere along the way of wedding planning, I started seeing photos of couples taking pre-ceremony portraits together, but not actually seeing each other. We’ve all seen them – hand holding around a door, smiling bride and groom on either side of a corner, or one on a balcony, another on the ground floor. I didn’t think it had a name, but our day-of coordinator called it a “First Touch.” I literally laughed out loud when she called it that to my face.
While you don’t get the benefit of having extra time allotted for portraits, you do get a pretty cute photo-op. Cam is super old school sometimes, and this was one of those – he absolutely, positively did not want to see me before the ceremony. Which is both frustrating and romantic at the same time. Luckily, these photos ended up pretty nice, and I got to hold his hand for a minute.
The conversation we had was hilarious:
Cam: “Hi, how are you?”
Me: “I’m pretty good, how are you?”
Cam: “Good. Hey! Ryan surprised us with a keg of Oberon for the bus!”
Me: “Shut up and smile, Robert is taking pictures”
While Cam kept looking at the camera, I snuck behind him and back into the house. Halfway up the stairs I realized I forgot Cam’s card, and I was devastated. Little did I know that Cam forgot my entire gift, and had to call a guest to drive over early and bring it to him. We’re so organized.
Previously on Picture Perfect
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit—complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos
- Cam has some manly time