If you recall, way back when, I decided not to share my dress choice with you, but the time has come! I knew all along what it would be, but entertained just about every dress style there is when it came time to actually try them on. Ultimately, I ended up with the second dress I tried on –
Meet my Justin Alexander beauty. She has a model number, not a fancy name, and for the life of me, I cannot find it. In any case, I think it’s discontinued. It came with a plain white sash, but the sales associate at NY Bride & Groom in Charlotte “jacked me up” with this blingy belt, and I was sold:
It fit the “southern” feeling of our wedding perfectly:
It didn’t have an elaborate corset back or buttons, but the sash did need to be tied into a bow, and Mama Camera did the honors:
The photo below was taken right after I looked at myself for the first time – I’ll never forget that feeling of happiness:
After we were assured Cam and the boys had arrived and were safely downstairs and out of sight, we headed outside to take some pre-ceremony bridesmaid portraits!
Previously on Picture Perfect
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit—complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned
- I get my hair did and I love it
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress