After my hair and makeup was finished, and my veil was carefully fastened to my head, we jumped in the limo bus that had arrived for us and headed off to the venue!
It was a little overwhelming when we pulled into the parking lot. Our day of coordinator, Lynn, was directing people around and showing the rental companies where to set things up, and my vision was coming together. I did a stand up job of straight up creeping from the bridal suite:
.. And checking myself out in the mirror:
.. And just lounging around:
All the while, Mama Camera was working on yet another something special:
I saw something cute once, probably on Pinterest, where a bride cut a heart shape out of one of her dad’s old blue work shirts and sewed it into her dress. Mama Camera took that one step further and cut out a heart of her wedding dress as well, and sewed them both into the corset of my dress. My something old and something blue were both symbols of my parents – love. My something new was my dress, and my something borrowed was a pearl bracelet from BM Mom.
After I teared up for a few minutes and did the awkward fan the face to try and salvage my makeup, Mama Camera and I took a quick photo together:
Previously on Picture Perfect
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit—complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned
- I get my hair did and I love it
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head